1. What equipment do I need?
The only required equipment is a set of dumbbells. A pull up bar can be useful, but is not required.
You will be walked through every exercise in the program and be given alternatives based on the equipment you have access to and your fitness level, so the workout plan gives you flexibility based on accessible equipment.
Our customers are nearly evenly split between gym (58%) and home workouts (42%).
2. When can I start? How long do I get access to the program for?
You can start whenever you like. The BuiltLean System is delivered via a web app where you get lifetime access to all the videos and content immediately. You can view them on any electronic device including an ipad, iphone, or laptop.
3. How quickly can I expect to lose weight on your program?
The BuiltLean Program is designed to help you burn your body fat, while maintaining, or even increasing your muscle mass. It’s easy to lose 10lbs in one day by losing water weight and some muscle, but losing ONLY fat is more challenging.
A normal pace of fat loss is roughly 0.5% to 1.0% of your total body weight in fat per week. If you lose much more than that, it will most likely be water, or muscle loss. You may experience greater fat loss, or less fat loss, depending on the amount of effort put into the program and genetic factors.
It is also possible to add muscle and lose fat on the BuiltLean program, especially if you have not lifted weights in a while. This will make you leaner without affecting your body weight as much.
4. Can I workout more than 3 times a week?
Yes, absolutely. We do, however, recommend against any more weightlifting than the workouts we give you. So if you want to do more cardio, yoga, etc. on your non-strength training days, that can certainly be helpful. If you have any more specific questions as you complete the program, just reach out to us through customer support.
5. I’m really out of shape. Can the program work for me?
The BuiltLean Program is a safe and effective program if you have not exercised in a while. You can choose easier variations of each exercise to build up your strength and stamina.
6. I have an injury, or medical issues, can I still use the program?
If you are experiencing chronic pain from an injury, this program is not for you. If you have medical issues, you should consult with your doctor about starting an exercise program.
7. I have specific dietary preferences (vegetarian / lactose/gluten intolerant) can I still follow this program?
Yes. We include flexible options so you can adjust the meals to match your dietary preferences. If you need any help or have any specific questions, just email us.
8. What do I do after the program is complete?
You have few primary options:
(1) You can complete the program again, but follow my guidelines on how to make the workouts even more challenging
(2) You can continue completing 3 workouts per week using our workout templates but choosing your own exercises
(3) You can move on to a new program, or follow a maintenance training program by completing workouts in the program 2 times instead of 3 times per week.
At the end of the day, fitness is a lifestyle. I help you find the best fitness lifestyle that works for you.
9. Can I use this program if I want to gain muscle?
The BuiltLean Program is designed to help you lose fat without losing muscle. Some men may build muscle as well depending on a variety of factors including how much weight they lift and if they have not done strength training in a while.
10. What happens after I order?
Right after you click the “Get Started Today” button, you will be directed to a secure order form where you will make payment via credit card. After payment, you will receive email confirmation within minutes of your order. A follow up email will be sent to you with your username and password to access the private BuiltLean Transformation website.
If you experience any difficulty, you can contact our customer support staff who is ready to assist you. We typically respond to your inquiry in less than 24 hours.